Skeetawk has partnered with Pioneer Patrol for National Ski Patrol (NSP) trained services. Ski Patrol volunteers will be on site during opening hours, and a skier aid room is available.
To contact the Patrol Office directly call 907-746-PTRL (7875)
Interested in becoming a Volunteer patroller?
To qualify for NSP, you need to complete an Outdoor Emergency Care (OEC) certification. You may also be able to challenge the OEC course if you have appropriate experience and/or credentials. Contact email@example.com to join the Pioneer Patrol and to learn more about the OEC course.
Safety / Skier Responsibility Code
- 1. Always stay in control, and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
- 2. People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
- 3. You must not stop where you obstruct a trail, or are not visible from above.
- 4. Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
- 5. Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
- 6. Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
- 7. Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely.
Helmets are highly recommended. See the NSAA Lids On Kids program
Kids must be at least 42″ tall to ride the lift alone.