Skeetawk has partnered with Pioneer Patrol for National Ski Patrol (NSP) trained services.
To contact the Patrol Office directly call 907-746-PTRL (7875)
Interested in becoming a Volunteer patroller?
To qualify for NSP, you need to complete an Outdoor Emergency Care (OEC) certification. You may also be able to challenge the OEC course if you have appropriate experience and/or credentials. Contact email@example.com to join the Pioneer Patrol and to learn more about the OEC course.
Safety / Skier Responsibility Code
- 1. Always stay in control, and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
- 2. People ahead or downhill of you have the right-of-way. You must avoid them.
- 3. Stop only where you are visible from above and do not restrict traffic.
- 4. Look uphill and avoid others before starting downhill or entering a trail.
- 5. You must prevent runaway equipment.
- 6. Read and obey all signs, warnings, and hazard markings.
- 7. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
- 8. You must know how and be able to load, ride and unload lifts safely. If you need assistance, ask the lift attendant.
- 9. Do not use lifts or terrain when impaired by alcohol or drugs.
- 10. If you are involved in a collision or incident, share your contact information with each other and a ski area employee.
Helmets are highly recommended. See the NSAA Lids On Kids program
Kids must be at least 42″ tall to ride the lift alone.
For further information on Terrain Park safety please visit www.terrainparksafety.org