To apply: Please email your Resume, and Cover Letter detailing your motivation to pursue the position for which you are applying to email@example.com.
Rate of Pay: $17.00+ hourly.
Hatcher Alpine Xperience is a 501c(3) tax-exempt organization developing Skeetawk; a new alpine ski, snowboard, and recreation facility in Hatcher Pass (Palmer) Alaska. We are hiring professional ski patrollers to patrol ski trails and slope areas to mitigate hazards and respond to emergency situations as they arise.
- 1-3+ years of experience as a paid OR volunteer ski patroller.
- Current OEC certification.
- Advanced Skiing Ability
- Experience in assisting or conducting lift evacuations.
- Advanced certifications in: EMS, Search and Rescue, avalanche rescue, rope access work, and industry workplace safety programs.
- Prior Experience transporting patients in patrol toboggans.
- Experience operating over the snow vehicles including: snow machines and grooming equipment.
The Professional Ski Patroller is responsible for patrolling ski trails and slope areas to mitigate hazards and respond to emergency situations as they arise. Elements of this responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Enforce safe skiing practices according to the State of Alaska & Skeetawk’s Safety programs and policies.
- Possess full knowledge and understanding of policies and procedures as outlined in the Ski Area Operations & Safety Plan.
- Performs radio dispatch, record keeping, maintain volunteer and employee rosters, sign ins, and assist with staff scheduling.
- Patrol ski trails and slope areas to provide assistance and protection to skiers and report condition of trails, ski lifts, and snow cover on slopes.
- Treat injured guests and safely transport patients off the hill by toboggan.
- Assist with lift operations, conduct lift evacuations, and assist with staff training.
- Assist Mountain Operations staff with opening and closing procedures, staff training, dispatch duties, and record keeping.
This is a full time seasonal position with an average of 30-40 hours per week during the operating season. Regular Schedule is Thursday – Monday.